This no bake protein bars recipe is healthy, low carb, gluten free, and did I mention delicious?! These matcha protein bars will rock your world!
And I can’t say enough about metabolism boosting, disease fighting Matcha green tea. It has 10x the antioxidant power of a regular cup of green tea! AND it it tastes like a dream. Give it a try with this decadent white chocolate coated protein bars recipe. Nom nom nom..
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- ⅛ to ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 scoops (120 g) Whey Gourmet Matcha Protein Powder (I think they actually stopped making this flavor. Boo! You can use vanilla instead, and add in a Tbsp or so of matcha green tea powder instead)
- 40 g (about ¼ cup) white chocolate
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the cashew butter with ⅛ cup almond milk, reserving the rest for later in case the mix is too dry.
- Slowly mix in protein powder (and matcha powder).
- Form into four protein bars.
- Melt the white chocolate slowly in a bain-marie (or you can use a small pot/pan on the stove, or a put it in a bowl in the microwave – just make sure to check and stir it often and take it out as soon as it’s melted. It will burn if you’re not careful.
- Dip bars in chocolate, coating them somewhat evenly. This will be a bit messy. When they’re all coated, put them on a plate and stick them in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate solidifies.
- When your protein bars recipe is done, keep them in a sealed container or ziplock bag. They’ll last up to a week left out, or two weeks in the fridge. They freeze well too.
220 calories 133 mg sodium
21.8 g protein 152 mg potassium
11.3 g carbs 0% vitamin A
9.3 g fat 0% vitamin C
.8 g fiber 18% calcium
7.8 g sugar 5% iron