This sugar free protein cupcakes recipe da bomb. Soft chocolately peanut buttery banana protein cupcake goodness, and topped off with chocolate PB2 protein frosting! Delish. These protein cupcakes are healthy, and of course high in protein, and the sugar free icing is a healthy, high protein alternative to the regular sugary insulin spiking kind!
- 3 bananas
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 5 scoops chocolate casein protein powder
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup (60 g) coconut flour
- 30 g 12 grain cereal
- 60 g chocolate chips
- 12 paper baking cups
- cooking spray
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup (72 g) Chocolate PB2
- 2 scoops Chocolate Cassein Powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In large bowl, mash bananas, mix in peanut butter, egg whites, and vanilla, then powders, then the rest.
- Spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray and distribute batter evenly between baking cups.
- Throw protein cupcakes in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or just until toothpick comes out clean.
- While they’re cooling, mix up the frosting ingredients and put them into an icing bag (or in a ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner).
- Ice the cupcake in circles working from the outside in, or whatever design inspires you.
- Voila, protein cupcakes with sugar free icing - have your cake and eat your protein too!
253 calories 181 mg sodium
19.4 g protein 267 mg potassium
9.1 grams fat 1% vitamin A
24.3 g carbs 8% vitamin C
5.5 g fiber 20% calcium
11.5 g sugar 14% iron