This is the first protein ice cream I made, and it turned out pretty good if you ask me! If you have an ice-cream maker it’ll make things easier, but there is a low-tech version as well. I used raspberries for this whey protein ice cream recipe, but you could use pretty much any kind of berry or fruit you like.
- 1 cup 2% plain greek yogurt (I used Liberte)
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- 3 scoops (90 g) raspberry protein powder (vanilla also works)
- Mix everything up in a bowl, adding the raspberries in last. Or puree everything in a blender if you prefer a smooth consistency without chunks of raspberry.
- Throw everything in the ice-cream maker, and wait until it reaches a good thickness – or place bowl in freezer and stir every 20 – 30 minutes until it’s a nice thick protein ice cream.
159 calories 123 mg sodium
16 g protein 85 mg potassium
10.8 g carbs 6% vitamin A
5.5 g fat 26% vitamin C
3 g fiber 16% calcium
6.8 g sugar 2% iron