This PB2 protein muffin recipe was originally intended to be peanut butter PB2 cookies, but it puffed up because I tried to make them lower fat, which I’ve learned does not work for some recipes. Cookies are one of them. They did however makes amazingly rich, fluffy high protein muffins though, so here you go guys!
So you may have heard me talk about PB2 before, but in case you haven’t, this is amazing stuff. It’s basically powdered peanuts, with all the oil removed. That makes it a high fiber, high protein, high peanut buttery flavor, which I loooove, with a lot less fat and calories. So although I didn’t originally intend to make muffins, this PB2 muffin recipe turned out great if I do say so myself!
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp light peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¾ cup PB2
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 scoops (67 g) vanilla whey protein powder (I used Muscle Pharm Combat Powder)
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 2 packs stevia powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of vanilla powder (or extract if you don’t have powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, peanut butter, and butter.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl, then slowly stir the dry mix into the wet.
- Throw your PB2 muffin recipe in the oven for 20 mins and you’re done!
171 calories 266 mg sodium
15.2 g protein 86 mg potassium
20.7 carbs 5% vitamin A
7.8 g fat 0% vitamin C
3.3 g fiber 12% calcium
1.8 g sugar 4% iron