I looooove the flavor of matcha, as does my boyfriend Sam. Matcha Booster Juice, matcha latte…mmm… I’ve had matcha green tea ice cream at a thai restaurant before that was divine, so I thought I’d create a matcha green tea protein ice cream recipe! Matcha green tea powder offers the same nutritional benefits as 10 cups of regular steeped green tea. The stuff is packed with cancer fighting, metabolism boosting antioxidants like EGCGs, as well as being rich in fiber, vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium.
My matcha green tea protein ice cream recipe is very high protein, high fiber, low carb, and low fat. So this protein ice cream recipe tastes good AND it’s super healthy. Win!
- 1 500 ml container of 0% plain greek yogurt (I use Liberte)
- 250 mls (1 cup) 10% cream
- 2 scoops whey protein powder (I use Whey Gourmet’s Matcha Green Tea flavor, but you could also use vanilla)
- 4 packets of Stevia Balance
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Mix everything together, pour into ice cream maker.
- Wait as little as 10 minutes depending on your ice cream maker, enjoy.
- Or try it old school by mixing everything into a bowl or tupperware container, putting it in the freezer, and stirring every 20-30 minutes or so until done. Easy peasy protein ice cream recipe!
124 calories 86 mg sodium
12.9 g protein 109 mg potassium
9.4 g carbs 35% vitamin A
3.8 g fat 8% vitamin C
1.8 g fiber 14% calcium
6.6 g sugar 3% iron