Protein fluff, it’s awesome stuff. It’s super easy to make, and only four ingredients. This mango protein fluff makes a great light dessert or post-workout snack, and it reminds me of a dessert my dad used to make me when I was a kid, which basically involved blending jello and dream whip into fluffy awesomeness. Protein fluff is the same concept, just as tasty, and much healthier.
It’s low fat, high in fiber, and has a whopping 23 grams of protein per serving! Plus, you get all the antioxidant goodness of mangos (or any fruit you choose to make this recipe with). It is a little higher in sugar, due to the high natural sugar content of mangos, but you can make this recipe with pretty much any fruit. The ingredients at first glance look like a standard protein smoothie, but with the addition of guar/xantham gum, and by whipping your protein fluff for several minutes, the mixture transforms from a dense ice cream like texture, to a light airy mousse. Delish!
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ tsp guar gum or xantham gum
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks (or any fruit you like)
- Throw all the ingredients in a magic bullet and blend until smooth. Some shaking may be necessary as the mixture is quite dense.
- Whisk for 5 to 8 minutes with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Eat immediately.