(I use Podcruncher to download and listen to these podcasts directly to my iPhone. Most of them are also on iTunes.)
- Cut The Fat Podcast – Great foundation for learning how to become your own fat loss and healthy lifestyle maintenance expert. This is where I first learned about the importance of a high protein diet, which ended up leading me to this website :) An entertaining and motivating podcast that’s great for listening to while you work out. I highly recommend!
- The Jillian Michaels Show – When I’d burned through all 71 episodes of The Cut The fat Podcast, I needed something to fill the void – The Jillian Michaels Show does a pretty good job! Topics of health and fitness are discussed by Jillian Michaels (Coach/Trainer from The Biggest Loser) and her team, plus interviews with industry experts.
- The Fat Burning Man Show – Abel James answers your questions and interviews leaders in health, fitness, medical, paleo, and evolutionary fields to share secrets about losing fat, building muscle, and improving your health. Every week there’s a different guest, and a different topic – a very informative and entertaining listen!
- The Paleo Solution Podcast by Rob Wolf – Robb’s unique perspective as both scientist and coach you help you learn how simple nutrition, exercise and lifestyle changes can radically change your appearance and health for the better.
- TEDTalks Health – I love TEDtalks. It’s a great way to take a short break from your day, learn something new, and get inspired. TEDTalks Health covers everything from fighting illness and rethinking healthcare, to how to be happy. Available in podcast form via Podcruncher on iphone.
- Oprah Health and Wellness Channel – Take control of your health, your weight and your life with advice from fitness expert Bob Greene, Dr. Oz and Dr. Christiane Northrup. Available in video and podcast formats.
- Oprah.com’s Spirit Channel – This podcast starts off with recordings of the live worldwide broadcast Oprah did with Eckharte Tolle, author of “A New Earth, Awakening To Your Life’s Purpose”, and walks you through the topics of the book. In later episodes, Oprah interview other such visionaries and leaders in wellness. It gets me thinking about my life on a different level than the day-to-day stuff, which is great. Available in video and podcast formats.
- Freakonomics Radio – Totally unrelated to baking, or health, it just happens to be what I often listen to while I’m baking lol. It opens the door into the mind of the economist, and explores the hidden side of everything. They question the unquestionable, and it’s refreshing and hilarious, and perhaps a bit off-putting at times haha.