This homemade protein bars recipe is healthy, low carb, gluten free, and did I mention delicious?! These coconut protein bars will rock your world! I love pretty much every form of coconut – fresh coconut, young coconut, coconut water, coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut flour, coconut palm sugar, coconut oil, shredded coconut…I could go on forever. It’s packed full of healthy fats, fiber, electrolytes, and trace minerals. Plus it tastes so darn good! If you like coconut, this homemade protein bars recipe is for you!
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- ⅛ – ¼ cup coconut milk/cream (canned)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour (or you could substitute shredded coconut)
- 4 scoops (120 g) vanilla protein powder (I use Whey Gourmet)
- 40 g (about ¼ cup before melting) white chocolate
- 15 g shredded coconut (for coating)
- Mix cashew butter and ⅛ cup coconut milk, then coconut flour and protein powder. Add in more coconut milk if the mix is too dry.
- Form into four protein bars.
- Melt white chocolate in bain-marie, and coat bars evenly. Prepared to get your hands dirty!
- While the chocolate is still wet, roll the bars in the shredded coconut.
- Put them in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate solidifies. Presto, coconut white chocolate protein bars, enjoy!
243 calories 126 mg sodium
22 g protein 152 mg potassium
13.8 g carbs 0% vitamin A
11.3 g fat 10% vitamin C
1.3 g fiber 22% calcium
9 g sugar 5% iron