There’s a reason that protein buff and peanut butter share the same initials – I looooove it! And chocolate and bananas are peanut butter’s best friends. This high protein cake recipe is a party and they’re all invited.
This protein cake recipe is very rich and dense, and there’s a chocolate peanut butter protein frosting. doesn’t get much better than that. Oh wait, it’s actually healthy!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- (1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 5 scoops (210 grams) chocolate whey protein powder (I use whey gourmet)
- 40 g (about ¼ cup) chocolate chips (or do what I did and just smash up a chocolate bar haha)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup nutella (what can I say, my boyfriend’s italian lol)
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit.
- Mash up bananas in a large mixing bowl, beat in eggs, and peanut butter.
- Mix in protein powder and coconut flour (and almond milk if the mixture seems too dense).
- Then add the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8″ pie dish, or something of a similar size, and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 30 mins or just until toothpick comes out clean.
- As the protein cake cools, mix up the protein frosting, and then spread it on top with a spatula.
- Slice it up and enjoy!
276 calories 113 mg sodium
18.75 g protein 333 mg potassium
21.5 carbs 1% vitamin A
12.9 g fat 10% vitamin C
4.7 g fiber 14% calcium
12.5 g sugar 9% iron