I had some bananas that were soon to become over-ripe, so I whipped them into these banana protein muffins. Easy-peasy! (I added a sugar free banana cream cheese protein frosting to mine to take them from a high protein muffin recipe to protein cupcakes. Click here for the sugar free frosting recipe!)
- 1½ medium sized bananas
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1½ scoops (45g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 scoop (33g) banana whey protein powder
- ¼ cup large flake oats
- ¼ cup plain 0% plain greek yogurt (liberte)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Mash bananas, beat in egg whites, mix in everything else.
- Pour batter in into greased baking cups (if you don’t, they’ll stick to the paper – I lightly coat them with olive oil spray).
- Baked for around 25 minutes.
- Enjoy this high protein muffin recipe as is, or turn them from banana protein muffins to banana protein cupcakes with the sugar free frosting recipe I mentioned earlier :)
145 calories 149 mg sodium
12.8 g protein 168 mg potassium
3.8 g fat 0% vitamin A
15.1 g carbs 6% vitamin C
3.6 g fiber 13% calcium
5.1 g sugar 2% iron