This protein brownie recipe is for those who need chocolate RIGHT FREAKING NOW!! :) It takes only a few minutes to prepare, and all you need is some basic protein buff ingredients, a mug, a spoon, and your trusty microwave. It’s sugar free, gluten free, super low carb, and ooey gooey chocolatey delicious.
My boyfriend Sam and I were watching the Junos a few weeks ago, and were both craving something chocolatey. There was no chocolate in the house, and we needed something that could be prepared during the five minute commercial break. Sam gave up, thinking it an impossible feat, but I wasn’t prepared to ignore the rumbling in my tummy quite yet. I remembered seeing a commercial for some microwave mug cake product, and thought why not a microwave protein brownie?! Eureka! The recipes makes enough to be shared by two, but it’s healthy as heck, so if you devour the whole thing by yourself, I won’t judge ;)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Erythritol
- 2 packets of Stevia Balance Powder
- 2 Tbsp salted butter (or 2 Tbsp coconut oil and a pinch of salt for paleo/vegan)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or any milk of your choice
- 4 Tbsp unflavored whey protein powder (or a paleo/vegan protein of choice)
- Melt butter/oil in mug, mix in almond milk.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. It should still be a bit gooey - if you overcook, it will turn into a brick.
- You're done, grab a spoon and enjoy!